The progression of technology has resulted in innumerable changes. It has even changed the way we talk, communicate and transport.
Similarly, it has even evolved the way plumbing problems are now resolved.
Pipe replacements used to be done in a different way traditionally. It did not only require more effort but also more money and time.
It caused more damage to the surface beneath which the pipes were installed.
Trenchless pipe lining has made it much easier for plumbers and homeowners to get the work done more smoothly.
What Are Trenchless Pipe Linings?
The first and foremost question that arises is – what is it?
Trenchless pipe lining may seem an unknown term to a lot of people out there. This method does not require much, therefore, fewer people are needed to do the job.
This process essentially is when you create a new pipe along with an existing pipe. A special epoxy is utilized for the creation of this new pipe which will help maintain the strength of the new pipe.
Most importantly, it ensures that the new structure is not damaged at all.
This method enables you to save a great deal of time and money. The customers prefer trenchless pipe lining due to such benefits.
It works as an effective solution in the long term if there are any leaks, blockages, mold accumulation or any other damage to the pipe.
What is the Process for Trenchless Pipe Lining?
There are different steps that you may need to follow, or a pipe relining company will follow, when adopting this process to treat the pipe.
Following is a stepwise procedure to comply with:
- You need to discover what the problem is with the pipes. There are many ways in which the inspection can be done. Some professionals use cameras and other equipment to figure out the issue.
- The pipeline is required to be cleaned thoroughly. You must ensure that the roots are removed, the dirt and debris are gotten rid of and all potential objects that could be in the pipeline are taken out. If this method is not done properly, it may cause disruption in the process.
- Thereafter, you should focus on the measurements. Make sure you measure the pipeline accurately. Once the measurements are perfectly taken, the liner is then prepared on a different job site according to the measurements that are noted. You should also measure and accordingly, mix the resin as per the measurements taken of the pipeline.
- Once the aforementioned is done, you should pour all the resin into the liner. Make sure that all the resin is soaked into the liner. Otherwise, it may cause a problem later.
- The inverter is then required to be loaded with the soaked liner. Once this has been done, you need to insert the liner into the existing pipe.
- Finally, the air pressure will cause the resin to seal and bond with the existing pipe.
What are the Benefits of Trenchless Pipe Linings?
This is a relatively recent technology that does not require any trench.
If the above method is complied with properly, you will finally get stronger pipes that maintain faster flow.
Further, as mentioned earlier, it can save you a great amount of time, money and effort. This is what most of the customers are looking forward to.
The Bottom Line
Trenchless pipe lining is a new thing. Therefore, a lot of people are not aware of it. Above is all you need to know about it.
However, you need to get it done by a professional to get quality results.