Some homeowners equate ‘home renovation’ with ‘costly’ or ‘exorbitant’ but the fact remains that home remodeling and improvement doesn’t have to be very expensive.
Home renovation can always be carried out in a pocket-friendly manner.
Whether you want to revamp your spaces for extra functionality and comfort or to boost your property’s value, there is always a home renovation method that will match your budget.
You may incur some expenses if you plan to transform your house into a luxurious home but renovating a house with little money is all about being creative, generating innovative ideas that will cut back your expenses.
You will need to think out-of-the-box.
Instead of going for expensive materials like composite decking and beautiful solar decking lights, you could follow some practical suggestions below.
The tips below will help you to renovate your home without spending much money:
Replace Your Front Door
The front door can create an impression in the minds of visitors or passersby. With a few updates, you can improve its appearance.
Here are some ways you can improve your home’s curb appeal by transforming the way your door looks:
- Ensure the path from the street to your door is marked and in good condition. You can regularly clean garbage and litter from the pathway. To keep your front door ornate, you can use an outdoor rug to create a beautiful look.
- Another way of significantly beautifying your front door is by painting in a bright, bold color. The color of your door should blend with the decor and style of your house.
- Ensure you trim weeds and leafy plantings that may obstruct your door’s view and litter the pathway. Grow pot flowers in focal locations where you can easily care for them and move them when necessary.
- A great place to concentrate all your decorative effort is the front door. You can use certain ornamental features like colorful lighting, stained glass door and fancy tiles.
Install Wall Cladding
Wall cladding is a more affordable, low-maintenance option compared to painting.
It is a type of home renovation method that revolves around the application of extra material to your wall to form a layer.
Wall cladding can either be interior or exterior. It improves the beauty and style of your property. Wall cladding also positively impacts your building’s structure and adds to its lifespan.
Wall cladding can be done in any area of your house, from the kitchen to the bathroom. Today, most homeowners prefer exterior wall cladding.
Among the types of wall cladding materials, the most affordable and durable is composite cladding. It provides ease of maintenance, environmental friendliness and superior strength.
Upgrade Your Curtains and Windows
When renovating or upgrading their house, most homeowners forget or overlook the windows.
It plays a very vital role in every home. It provides ventilation, contributes to the lighting and is instrumental to the arrangement of furniture.
So the tips below will help you get the most out of your window dressing:
- You can upgrade your window area by creatively growing herb gardens in your window area.
- Also, change your curtain rod. Opt for a brass curtain rod for that dignified, noble feel.
- Avoid picking dark colors for your curtain, brighter color (whites and neutrals) helps to keep your room light and cool.
Install New Kitchen Tiles
You can use different tiles in your kitchen to improve its appearance. But you have to ensure the tiles are in the right place.
Tiles with glossy surfaces are better on the wall for safety reasons.
Here are some helpful guide in upgrading your kitchen tiles without spending much:
- It is important to place your tiles on the right surface. Tiles can be used as a backsplash to protect your walls from spills and splashes. It can also be used as flooring or countertop.
- There are types of kitchen tiles such as porcelain, bamboo, vinyl and stone. Bamboo tiles are proper for flooring, while porcelain tiles are better for counters and walls.
Bathroom upgrades and remodelling do not have to be way above your budget.
The tips below are easy and budget-friendly ways of improving your bathroom without spending much:
- Deep clean your bathroom to find out which part of your bathroom needs an upgrade. Hard scrub or polish the floor, clean the rust from iron fittings, clean away the dirt and soap lather and so on.
- Lighting can be all that matters to improve the looks of your bathroom. Take away any burnt out or flickering incandescent bulb. Alternatively, get some LED or can light bulbs.
- You can also clad your bathroom walls to transform their appearance. It is cheaper than tiling and more low-maintenance than painting.
- It would be best if you replaced your bathroom fitting and fixtures when they are rusted and show signs of antiquation.
Upgrading your house into the home of your dreams does not have to break the bank and drain your wallet.
With some creative thinking and the above tips, you can renovate your home while sticking to a tight budget.