The majority of homes in the USA, Canada, and the European countries tend to be covered with various asphalt shingles types. They create superb systems which safeguard homes from poor weather conditions, blowing wind as well as water.
Simply because asphalt shingles are such an essential section of just about any home, there are numerous manufacturers both local as well as overseas which produce different asphalt shingles types for various purposes.
Actually, the number of shingles types is really so significant, that simply choosing the kind of roofing shingles for the home could be mind-boggling for many customers. Making that choice is a process that’s far easier to complete with some professional help.
Many people think that picking out from several shingles types is based just on 2 elements:
- shingles color
- shingles pattern.
Whilst they are essential elements without a doubt (specifically due to the fact you will be watching them for an additional two decades or even more), additionally you have to take into account the components, with which roofing shingles are created because they possess distinct characteristics as well as price ranges.
Probably the most traditional and well-liked selections are asphalt roofing shingles.
There are two ways of categorizing asphalt shingles types:
- by means of material
- by thickness
Asphalt roofing shingles which are made from natural components are known as organic roofing shingles, and those which are made from fiberglass are known as fiberglass roofing shingles type.
Additionally, asphalt roofing shingles could be categorized based on their thickness in 2 groups:
- composition roofing shingles
- dimensional roofing shingles also known as architectural shingles
All of the organic roofing shingles fit in with one of the groups of each classification, getting a total of 4 classifications. Nevertheless, these types of classifications aren’t utilized by companies whenever providing details to their customers, therefore it is smart to inquire about them.
Asphalt roofing shingles types produced from organic and natural ingredients have been popular a couple of decades earlier, however they have been discontinued as of 2005. There were a few reasons behind this decision;
- asphalt shingles types produced from organic and natural components were much less resistant to fire
- because of the grade of the organic and natural components (in some instances, even old papers were utilized), the organic asphalt shingles types were prone to accelerated de-lamination and decay and needed to be replaced more often.
Fiberglass roofing shingles types tend to be a little more costly. Nevertheless, they make it up utilizing their greater ability to resist impact. Additionally, they are much more resistant to fire.
- Asphalt roofing shingles are thinner, also known as composition roofing shingles, are less costly and simpler to install on the roof
- Dimensional roofing shingles types are heavier, which contributes to their sturdiness, however the actual distinction would be that the additional layers are shaped and utilized to give shingles a personalized appearance.
Thus, as you can see, you will find completely different kinds of asphalt roofing shingles types. Choose carefully as you will be looking at your asphalt shingles for the following two decades or even more.
If this is too much information for you, start from deciding on the roofing contractor first, he should be able to help you with choosing one of the asphalt shingles types.