Located in the Southwestern region of Tarrant County, Texas, Benbrook is one of the best places to live in the state.
Benbrook residents enjoy a suburban feel and have access to many coffee shops, restaurants, and other attractions, such as botanical gardens, zoos, and trails.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Benbrook, Texas, has 23,502 residents, and its population continues to increase every year. The population of the state is mostly composed of small- to medium-sized families, retirees, and young professionals.
If you’re still having second thoughts about moving to Benbrook, Texas, take note of the points listed below.
These will give you information on what it’s like to live in Benbrook, Texas.
1. Affordable Homes
The prices of real estate properties in Benbrook, Texas, is lower than the national average. The median home value of properties in this town is USD $182,600, while the national average is $217,500.
Renting is also cheaper in Benbrook than in other towns in Texas. The median rent here is only $1,005 — a far cry from the national average, which is USD $1,062.
If you’re planning to earn money from real estate, you can buy cheap property, sell your house as-is in Benbrook, and then use the profit to buy a bigger house!
You can even make the most out of the booming housing market and flip properties in Benbrook!
2. Access To Different Popular Home Styles
It’ll be challenging for you to enjoy Benbrook or maximize the opportunities in the town if you don’t have a roof over your head.
Benbrook offers a wide variety of home styles, which means that you’ll have different options to choose from. Are you planning to start small and rent a smaller home first, or invest in a large property right away?
No matter what the case is, Benbrook will have a home that suits your qualifications.
Living in Benbrook allows you to choose from the following home styles:
- Farmhouse: Although this style has existed for more than 200 years in Texas, farmhouses attract residents because of their practical design and rustic appearance. This home style is known to have wide-plank floors and barn-style doors.
- Contemporary: Contemporary-style homes evolve regularly and often incorporate open floor plans, strong geometric shapes, and clean lines. Most contemporary-style homes also come with energy-efficient elements, such as smart appliances and LED lights.
- Victorian: Victorian-style homes have been popular since the late 1800s and continue to “wow” residents up to this very day. This type of home is known for having heavily decorated interiors and facades.
- Log Homes: Benbrook homeowners love log homes because of their rustic charm. Because of the abundance of wood elements, a log home naturally creates a cozy and comfortable ambiance indoors.
- Ranch: Ranches feel and look natural to the Benbrook landscape. Living in this type of home will bring back the vibe of cattle ranchers and cowboys who once lived in the state. Most ranch-style homes in Benbrook feature sliding glass doors, large picture windows, and low-pitched roofs.
3. Cheaper Cost Of Living
Aside from budget-friendly homes, Benbrook boasts of a low cost of living. Gasoline, groceries, and healthcare are generally cheaper in Benbrook compared with the national average.
This will allow you to live comfortably in the town regardless if you have a shoestring budget.
Cheaper costs of living will also encourage you to renovate your home in the future. When the cost of living is cheap, labor, materials, and contractors’ fees tend to be budget-friendly, as well.
4. Lesser Property Crimes
Another thing that you can enjoy in Benbrook is a safe environment. This town was rated B- in crime and safety because it had lesser cases of property crimes compared with the national average.
The national average for burglary in Texas is at 500 cases, but there were only 184 reported cases from Benbrook. Theft is also less common in Benbrook — on average, the town only has 1,214 reported cases annually (compared with the 2,042 national average).
By living in a town with lesser cases of property crimes, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your home is less susceptible to burglary and theft.
This will allow you to enjoy your real estate investment for the longest time possible!
Enjoy Benbrook ASAP!
The location of your residence can significantly affect the quality of your life — you’ll likely end up more stressed if you choose a location that’s too expensive for your budget or one that’s unsafe for you and your family.
Benbrook, Texas, has a lot to offer to everyone, so take the time to consider this town as your new place of residence!