Wood Shed Plans Collection of Everything Made Out Of Wood
Before purchasing wood shed plans online I always try to do research and find all the positive and negative reviews. Also, an important criteria for me is to determine which of the reviews are purely affiliate recommendations (just to push a sale, make a profit without even knowing what you’re recommending) and which are made by a person who has actually “touched” the product.
For me there are two reasons behind choosing wood shed plans collection by MyShedPlans.com for the review.
- I was looking for an inexpensive (or free) set of wood shed plans to create some extra storage area on my backyard
- Since I have this home maintenance, remodeling, improvement, etc. website (You are Here Now), I’ve been looking for a product / wood shed plans I can fully endorse, use it by myself, and promote it as an affiliate.
If you purchase wood shed plans collection by MyShedPlans.com using links / banners from this website I will be paid a commission. Don’t worry, you’re not going to pay more while using those links; actually you may even pay less if you use the link at the bottom of my review (if this offer is still available – let me know if it isn’t).
Wood Shed Plans Collection by MyShedPlans.com includes 12,000 woodworking projects (I don’t think 12000 reflects an actual number of shed plans, it’s the total number of blueprints of any kind). So it’s not only a wood garden shed you may be looking for, this collection of wood shed plans includes such things as small birdhouses, wooden toys, various garden furniture projects, decks, various sizes and shapes of storage sheds, garages, full size buildings, and everything in between – you name it.
Before purchasing this wood shed plans collection I downloaded the free shed plan which is also a complete build-a-shed guide. However, if you don’t have any experience in carpentry, some sections of the project might require more research and explanation.
My first impression after the wood shed plans collection purchase… the size of the package is overwhelming. There are many comprehensive diagrams with material lists and precise step by step directions (not for all projects) that will guide you through the entire wood shed building process.
What if this is the first time you’re going to do carpentry work, use carpenter’s tools, prepare a foundation for your shed, assemble the wall and roof structure? I’ve been working in a construction business for over 10 years, performed home inspection for 13 years, so I can say that I’m not a beginner in this field.
But looking at wood shed plans / blueprints and handling construction tools might be scary and discouraging if this is the FIRST Project in your life. I wanted to make sure that the statement from the wood shed plans collection sales page “It Doesn’t Matter What Skill Level You Have” is 100% the truth. So, I started digging into the files downloaded from the MyShedPlans.com after the purchase (it is an almost instant process if you carefully follow on-screen directions).
I can assure you that even if you don’t use wood shed plans to build a wood shed or anything else, the bonus woodworking guide you can download is worth much more. Let me just list a few of the files… actually it’s more like an entire woodworking course, you’re going to find in wood shed plans collection by MyShedPlans.com
Woodworking guides included with wood shed plans cover:
- lumber and plywood
- wood joints,
- working with regular and power tools
- beginner’s toolbox
- applying paint
- conversion charts, etc.
Of course you can start research and find a lot of that information online but do you know what to look for? This one is already handpicked and nicely organized in separate files – ready for you.
- Another thing I was looking for in wood shed plans collection was information about the shed base / foundation. Free shed plan doesn’t describe in detail how this should be done and the requirements vary by jurisdiction. In some areas you may be able to build a shed on compacted gravel base; some will require concrete slab, piers, or maybe let you go with treated wood runners.
All those foundation options are explained in detail so you can just pick the one that can be used in your area. For me it looks like with wood shed plans collection it doesn’t matter what skill level you have because it provides answers to even most basic questions.
But this isn’t all; I was very surprised seeing this next folder in the wood shed plans collection download. It contains over 120 Do It Yourself tutorials that cover home improvement tasks, explain many plumbing, electrical, and other common home-related DIY projects – no more searching for you.
Like I said before – it’s overwhelming what MyShedPlans.com is offering for such a low price.
But… Unless you are a woodworking professional, there’s no chance that you’ll be able to even remotely get close to utilizing all the included information. If you’re just like me, you’ll end up in creating a single project from this entire package, maybe a few more if you have kids or plenty of free time. So, do you really need the wood shed plans collection from MyShedPlans?’
Well, this is my approach of the wood shed plans collection:
- I bought it because I was looking for a shed idea and the wood shed plans collection has quite a few of them – I like to have choices :-).
- I bought wood shed plans collection because I found some negative comments which I wanted to verify (the comments are 2 years old so I’m not sure if the package or customer service has been updated / improved since).
- I’ve been working with thousands of clients over the last 20+ years and I know that there’s no product in the world that will satisfy 100% of the buyers.
- The wood shed plans purchase has a 60 day money-back guarantee which eliminated my risk completely. However, after purchasing and evaluating the materials I see that the value of the entire package is much higher than its price (I paid $37.00 for a download version but you can have a CD for a few extra $).
- I think that it is a solid product to promote and Ryan Henderson (MyShedPlans.com founder), who compiled the wood shed plans collection took care of everything to satisfy both, a woodworking beginner and a professional looking for more ideas.
As I have mentioned before, you can probably get the package from MyShedPlans for less than I have paid ($37) by clicking the image above.